High Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Grib2 Data
This website contains a feed of Grib2 data from the
HRRR model. There is absolutely no
warranty provided with this data service and it may discontinued as the situation
Here's the grib data!
Sub-sampled Grib Files
The HRRR grib files are huge! So we are generating files
with a sub-sampling of variables included inside. These files can be found
in the directory and are described as:
- hrrr_reflectivity - 15 minute
"composite" and 1km AGL radar reflectivity product. Also includes categorical
precip type fields.
- hrrr_radiation - Long wave up at the
top of the atmosphere.
- hrrr_surface - Temperature and
Dew Point at 2 meters above ground level, u and v winds at 10 meters
- 4 Dec 2013: Added categorical (1 or 0) precip type to
the reflectivity subset file.
- 8 Oct 2013: Added new variable subset of select near
- 15 Aug 2013: Add variable subset of
longwave radiation. Your system may not understand this variable as
their grib table usage appears to be very new? Anyway, look for 193 for
- 12 Jul 2013: Added symlink in the hrrr_reflectivity folder
pointing to the latest reflectivity file. This link updates once per hour.
Frequently asked questions
How frequently does the data update?
The data files are streamed one grib message at a time via LDM, with the various
files on the website built on-the-fly.
daryl herzmann email@example.com